To manage all compliance activities under HR function in terms of statutory compliance, advisory, monitoring and regulatory reporting.
1) Strategic and Planning
- Implement day-to-day operations assigned for the HR Compliance unit to ensure compliance with the established standards and procedures. - Provide statutory support regarding matters related to social, labour and related legislation and advise & serve senior management and HR managers as a "center of excellence". - Stay abreast on all employee-related legislative and regulatory changes and/or developments, and ensure changes to rules and regulations are restructured with HR systems, policies, articles, and practices. - Proficient in Labour Laws: Provident Fund Act, ESI Act, Minimum Wages Act, Payment of wages Act, Maternity Act, Bonus Act, Shop, Act, Factories Act, Employment Exchange Act, Contract labour Act , Payment of gratuity Act. - Administer benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources recognition and engagement programs and processes. - Manage the effective coordination of HR related statutory compliance activities across the group with particular reference to regulatory/statutory compliance. - Conduct periodical review of the group’s HR Polices & processes and provide controls to mitigate risk while leading the accurate identification of compliance risks within HR System to ensure they are being considered and appropriately mitigated. - Conduct and manage the evaluation of the various HR compliance processes’ and procedures’ effectiveness in reference to the regulatory compliance program of all regulatory bodies. - Perform root cause analysis and develop action plans in case of breaches in HR compliance. - Prepare compliance reports and ensure they meet the requirements of Group’s policies, procedures and standards. - Ensure development, dissemination, follow up and filing of HR Compliance reports, dashboards in accord with defined quality standards.
2) Functional Responsibilities
- Ensure that all business verticals comply HR statutory viz. Minimum Wages, ESI, PF etc. - Manage ESIC, PF, statutory, labor cases before various authorities. - Ensure exit interviews are conducted in line with current and anticipated approaches. - Conduct Labor Law compliance checks list for all staffs and offices. - Prepare all legal document related to Labor Law. - Advise all Branches to prepare legal documents related to Labor Law. - Review internal rules, HR Policy and Regulations based on Labor Law requirements. - Update the management regarding changes in Labor Laws, Degree and Sub-Degree of ministries related to HR issues. - Ensure consistency in employment contracts throughout the region. - Conduct investigation of staff breach of employment contract. - To identify, address and resolve workplace issues and deal with conflict between staff and relevant local authorities. - Interact with internal and external regulatory organizations and legal counsels. - Collaborate with other functional areas like Legal unit and other stakeholders in communicating relevant compliance to employees . - Develop and ensure corporate and regional HR policies are kept up to date, meet all statutory requirements and are properly implemented.
3) Internal process
- Ensure that all activities are carried out as per the Standard Operating Procedures in the section. - Prepare regular and ad-hoc reports as required within specified time period.
4) People development
- Continuously strive for self-development by actively seeking opportunities for growth. - Ensure adherence to timelines for completion of performance appraisal for self. - Take overall responsibility for identification of training needs and completion of mandatory training programs/certifications for self.
Any other additional responsibility could be assigned to the role incumbent from time to time as a standalone project or regular work. The same would be suitably represented in the Primary responsibilities and agreed between the incumbent, reporting manager and HR.